Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Notebook - Not the Movie



Last week I told you about how important it is to start a marketing plan in advance of your book release. This week I’ve got my notebook organized and full of information that is all in one place. Some of the material came from author friends such as Beth Carter and Lisa Medley. Another helpful person that gave me tons of information was Dianna Graveman with 2 Rivers Communications & Design. She puts on terrific workshops on this kind of thing.  Two other resources are Savvy Authors and The Publicity Hound. I recently took a webinar with The Publicity Hound. They provided a great deal of follow up information. The categories in my notebook are listed below. Yours probably will look different. I added more today.

1.      Social Media Calendar & Plan
2.      Launch Party & Ideas
3.      Venues (to sell or showcase my work)
4.      My Street Team
5.      Book Marketing Resources
6.      Book Reviewers
7.      How to Write a Review on Amazon
8.      Friendly publishers (when I say this I mean those that want new work or interested in me)
9.      Promotional Flyers & Brochures
10.  Business Cards (other authors & services)
11.  Press Release
12.  Book Description & Blurbs

In each section there is a variety of helpful information designed for me. There will be sample letters, lists, ideas, books and feedback where I feel it is appropriate. Design this notebook with your needs in the forefront. I expect that I will be adding and subtracting as time moves forward. I would love to hear about your ideas. I know I’ve forgotten something important. (Like Pinterest!)


2 comments:

  1. Love your marketing plan. Thank you for sharing. You're giving me lots of ideas!

    ReplyDelete