Thursday, September 24, 2015

Killer Closet Case



When you meet T. Sue Versteeg you are immediately taken by her smile and personality. She is one of the hardest working authors you'll ever hope to meet. So do you want to know more? Let's talk!

Sue was born and raised in the small town of Grinnell, Iowa. At the age of 21, she moved her family—parents and all—to the beautiful Ozarks region of Missouri where they have lived since. She is blessed with an adoring husband, two wonderful kids, the best sister in the world, and amazing parents. Writing has always been a passion in her life, to which family and friends can attest. From her first attempt at a spin-off of Dick and Jane, to her latest novel, her heart and soul has been poured into each word. Her most sincere wish is that you will find as much enjoyment in reading her stories as she did in their creation.

Product Details

Thanks, Sue for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk to some of my readers. How has your life changed since becoming a popular author?

Not a whole lot. Well, other than having pretty much no social life right now. Deadlines are looming!  I have yet another release next month. I need a nap. ;)

Do you live through your characters as you write or does the story just keep you up at night until you get it done?

Both! I form a bond with each character, especially the main ones. They are nearly as real as my family and friends. I did say ‘nearly’, so no worries just yet. I have also found myself sprawled in bed at night, staring at the ceiling and running dialog through my head or creating a scene. Thankfully, I have a pen and paper on the nightstand and a very understanding husband who now knows to just ignore me when this happens.

Where do your interesting stories come from? They are edged with a bit of humor I’ve noticed. I love the characters in your new book. They make me chuckle out loud sometimes.

Product DetailsMost of my ideas come from a sliver of life that I expand on a tangent or a takeoff from a dream. And the humor? Well, the best and brightest in the literary world say to write what you know. ;)

Readers like to get a feel for the authors I feature. Can you give me a quick insight to some of your favorites?

    Product Details
  1. Actor: (male or female): A tie between Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Bradley Cooper.
  2. Movie: All time faves are Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing. Oops, my age is showing.
  3. Artist: Claude Monet, hands down.
  4. Place: A secluded beach. Okay, so maybe not completely secluded, because I’d want a cold drink.
  5. Food: Pizza is my downfall. I could seriously eat it every night.
  6. Place to write: Somewhere quiet. I can’t even have music in the background.
  7. Historical character (real or imagined): King Arthur. I’d love to go back in time and pick his brain!
  8. Author: Gemma Halliday! J With you as a close second, of course. ;)
  9. Season: Summer! More specifically, pool season.
  10. Music: I’m very eclectic when it comes to music. 80’s to now.
  11. Genre to read: Romantic Comedies. I love to laugh.
 Product DetailsProduct DetailsProduct Details
What is the toughest and best part about being a writer?

Edits. No, promotion. Both? They’re each tough in their own way. Edits are a necessary evil to make the book stronger, though. Promotion is tough when you’re trying to think outside of everyone else’s ideas to find something new and catchy.

We both know many struggling writers who can’t seem to make a break through to be noticed. What advice would you give them?

Never EVER give up. Also, just because someone gives you advice on what ‘real’ writers do, that doesn’t mean it has to be done to succeed. Different things work for different writers. Find your groove and run with it.

What projects are looming on the horizon for you as a writer?

The second full-length Tahoe Tessie collaboration with Gemma Halliday, Hey Big Spender, comes out October 13th.  I also have deadlines for three new books next year. I have another release next month because who needs sleep, right? WHEW!

Killer Closet Case, her latest cozy mystery, is available at most online stores.

Bree Milford had big city dreams. But when her glamorous career fails to materialize, she can't pay her big city rent. Slinking home to the sleepy town of Danger Cove to reorganize and figure out her life, she agrees to run the family's Ocean View Bed & Breakfast while her parents go on vacation. After living in fast-paced L.A., Bree fears she'll be bored with small town life. However, it becomes anything but dull when she convinces her parents' hot handyman to expand the tiny closet in the living quarters...and a dead body falls out of the wall! Things get even more interesting when the medical examiner puts the time of death right around when her parents took possession of the B&B and started renovations. Worried the police have Mom and Dad in their sights, Bree asks her best friend, Cristal, to stick around for backup. With her high maintenance BFF by her side, and the handsome handyman on her suspect list, Bree has her work cut out for her. She's on the clock to prove her parents' innocence before they end up behind bars...and the killer can strike again!


Or visit her on her website at http://www.tsvbooks.com







1 comment: